We are a busy, 4 doctor practice in the Brier Creek area looking for enthusiastic and hard-working team members! Our Patient Advocates are the lifeline of our hospital. They do everything from reception, client appointments, education, radiography, cold laser therapy, surgical preparation/monitoring, dental cleanings, and most importantly providing patient care! We promote a positive work environment and believe in work/life balance.
Responsibilities of a Registered Vet Technician:
- Maintain a positive, upbeat demeanor that is friendly, cheerful, and courteous at all times. Able to greet clients and their pets by name.
- Must be capable of working in all aspects of the hospital (vaccine/preventive education, pharmacy, laboratory; as well as knowledge of ICU, surgery, dentistry, radiology, etc.)
- Perform lab work, run in-house diagnostics, take x-rays, perform dental cleanings, place IV catheter, anesthesia monitoring, dental radiography, and more
- Work with veterinarians to assist in exams, surgery, and patient care.
- Obtain vital information for history through effective communication and listening.
- Ability to answer phones, obtain information from a client, schedule appointments accordingly.
- Educate clients on proper care of their pet in a respectful manner
- Utilize cloud-based software and up-to-date technology to educate clients and enter records.
- Assist in animal restraint- employees will be educated on animal behavior, handling, and creating a low-stress environment as we practice Fear Free techniques!
- Able to handle a high-paced environment with a heavy workload and be a successful multitasker.
Qualifications of a Registered Vet Technician:
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an animal technician or assistant – required
- Clear passion and love for pets
- Outgoing personality & Willingness to learn
- Previous experience with preventative care, surgery and dentistry preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
Your well-being matters!
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. We believe our team is our family! We offer work-life balance, monthly lunches, employee pet benefits, bonuses, and staff outings/gatherings. We believe if you love coming to work every day then you will stand behind our mission every day!
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time
Pay: Pay is based on experience and you MUST have your certification.
Check us out at https://pagepointnc.com/ or https://www.instagram.com/ppahrnc/
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 – $24.00 per hour
We offer clients in-person appointments (mask required), virtual/telehealth options, and curbside. Employees are provided a company mask to wear.