Our well-established, luxurious pet resort wants to hire additional staff to join our team. We are currently seeking full-time and part-time positions. Our ideal candidate is a compassionate, team-oriented, hardworking individual who puts the patient first while being organized, focused, and meticulous You will help to provide high-quality care that our lodging guests are accustomed to receiving and supervise doggie playgroups while learning dog behavior.
Please do not apply if your schedule is limited. We need someone with OPEN AVAILABILITY!
Responsibilities of a Kennel Assistant include:
- Walk Exercise, Feed & Medicate all lodging pets
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical labor.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments. Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain pet suites as often as is necessary to ensure no suites are soiled and odors are not apparent. Perform general cleaning in other areas of the resort to prevent the spread of disease. Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
- Launder and dry towels and blankets.
- Maintain facility cleanliness; Patrol resort grounds daily, picking up any trash and stool material. Empty trash.
- Helps with Fitness Center Assessments and provides follow-ups to the resort manager; Actively oversees a group of dog play of 10 dogs
- Provide basic animal grooming (baths, nail trims, ear cleaning
- Assists other team members as needed.
Requirements of a Kennel Assistant Include:
- Minimum of 1-year dog handling experience in a professional facility. (Caring for your own pets does not count)
- Kennel, shelter, or vet, 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional dog, 1 year (Preferred)
Qualifications of a Kennel Assistant are:
- STRONG WORK ETHIC
- Always be dependable and punctual
- Detail Oriented & Self Motivated
- Passion for pets and their care when staying with us
- Able to work independently but communicate effectively with your team
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds by yourself
- Expect to work holidays and weekends; Must be available in the evenings to do late-night (10PM) potty walks.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to be on feet for full shift.
- Must be able to handle dogs on leashes.
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to disinfectant/sanitation chemicals, animal dander, and excretions.
- Must be 18 years or older
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour